Have a few oranges lying around the kitchen? Mixing up a Swollen Gland is the perfect way to put their fresh juice to use. In this cocktail, citrus combines with herbal flavors from gin and Chartreuse, while bitters round the drink off. We adapted this recipe from our favorite cocktail book – the PDT.
- 2 oz gin
- .75 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- .25 oz yellow Chartreuse
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- Cucumber ribbon (for garnish)
- Pour the gin, Chartreuse, orange juice and bitters into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a cucumber ribbon on a cocktail pick.