Many of us have heard of or eaten an açaí bowl, but it took a trip to Tulum, Mexico for us to rekindle the love we have for this simple bowl. This flavor-filled, national bowl is full of different textures and is naturally sweet from fruit. Cacao nibs add a hint of bitterness while almond butter adds a creamy richness. In short – it’s a perfectly nourishing way to start your day.
You can easily experiment with flavors by adding spices like ginger and cinnamon. Or, you can tweak the texture by adding granola or hemp seeds, and using fruit like apples or peaches. The açaí bowl is a blank canvas for you to flavor and brighten. Go forth!
Superfood Açaí Bowl
- 1 packages Sambazon Organic Pure Unsweetened Açaí Purée
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 scoop Orgain Vanilla Bean plant-based protein powder
- 1 scoop Orgain superfood powder
- 4 fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ fresh or frozen mango
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened flake coconuts
- 1 Tbsp. organic cacao nibs
- ½ tsp. chai seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s raw almond butter
- In a blender, add coconut milk, superfood powder, protein powder and contents of açaí packages. Blend until incorporated and thick. You may have to add a few Tbsp. more of coconut milk if ingredients are not blending. The consistency should be thick like a milkshake.
- While the blender is doing its job, prepare the fruit by cutting strawberries, banana and mango as desired.
- When acai ingredients are incorporated to a milk-shake like consistency, pour or scoop out into a bowl (divide in two).
- To serve, arrange remaining ingredients on top of your bowl in whatever way brings you joy!