To reduce the amount of added sugar in our cocktails, we often substitute in fruit to add a hint of sweetness. Basil makes a great addition to many cocktails – especially margaritas – as it adds herbaceous flavor. This is a great drink for enjoying during the spring and summer seasons, when you’re looking for something that’s refreshing with a hint of sweetness to sip outdoors.
We suggest using fresh pineapple for this cocktail. Watch our video to learn how to tell if a pineapple is ripe and how to properly slice it.
Pineapple basil margarita
- Skewer one of the pineapple slices onto a cocktail pick and reserve for garnish.
- Muddle the remaining pineapple slices and basil at the bottom of a shaker.
- Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and ice.
- Shake vigorously – the flavor of the muddled ingredients needs time to seep into the mix. Meanwhile, fill a rocks glasses with crushed ice.
- Strain mix into your prepared glass.
- Garnish with pineapple on cocktail pick.