While gearing up for a sunset boat cruise on Lake Como, we mixed up this negroni variation that also happens to serve as the perfect togroni (AKA, to-go negroni). Whether you’re headed off to an upscale boating adventure or a casual football tailgate, this versatile to-go cocktail is simple and tasty.
Our trick is to use a 2-1-1 ratio for less sugar and a stronger punch, and to freeze the prebatched mix at least 4-5 hours in advance. Freezing spirits can round off the texture and reduce the sharpness of the alcohol, making it go down all the easier.
Lake Como Negroni
- 2 oz Bombay gin
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Martini Sweet Vermouth
- 1 orange peel (garnish)
- Pour the gin, Campari and vermouth into a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir well for at least 30 seconds.
- Strain and place in a compatible container (i.e., a plastic bottle that you can freeze and easily pour from in the future.)
- Freezing the batched cocktail overnight (or at least 5 hours), and serve over ice. Garnish with an orange peel.