What’s better than enjoying a refreshing cocktail at golden hour, with ingredients pulled right from your garden? This cocktail is one of our favorites for sipping outdoors during late spring and summer. It brings together a balanced freshness from cucumber, spicy pepper flavor from jalapeño and floral aromas from cilantro.
Our key ingredients include two Mexican staples: Ancho Reyes Chile Liquer, which carries an herbal sweetness with moderate heat and slight acidity; and Tajín seasoning, an authentically Mexican mix of chili powder, salt and lime that brings a kick. We suggest pairing these with our shrimp tacos.
Herbal margarita with jalapeño, cucumber and cilantro
- 4 cucumber slices
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 jalapeño slices (thinly sliced)
- 1 oz platinum tequila, like Espolon
- .75 oz Ancho Reyes Chile Liquer (substitute with Cointreau)
- .75 fresh lime juice (save a smidgen extra for salt rim)
- .25 oz agave syrup
- 1-2 tsp. Tajín seasoning with lime (substitute with a mix of ½ tsp. sea salt and 1 tsp. chili salt)
- Rub the top of a rocks glass with lime juice and coat with Tajin seasoning or salt mix (optional).
- Muddle the cucumber, cilantro and jalapeño at the bottom of a shaker.
- Add tequila, Ancho Reyes, lime juice, agave and ice.
- Shake vigorously – the flavor of the muddled ingredients needs time to seep into the mix. Meanwhile, fill your rocks glasses with crushed ice.
- Strain mix into your prepared glass and enjoy.